Cut the Noise Podcast 003 - Social Media Updates
It’s the third episode of the Cut The Noise Podcast and StringCan Interactive takes it to the next level with its first international show! Jason McDonald, a StringCan Account Manager who is in Paris on client work, talks with Kevin Warhus, our Digital Marketing Manager and a StringCan newbie, Alix (Trebek) Parker. The three StringCanners dig into hot topics in social media led by Alix the new resident social media guru at StringCan.
IN THIS EPISODE OF THE PODCAST WE DISCUSS:
- You can now:
- Track your tweet
- Monitor your follows, unfollows, and mentions
- View your retweets and generally have a lot more information about your account.
- Jason learns no one is following him on Twitter
- Kevin explains how Twitter keyword targeting for ads – may be cost effective for some clients.
- Alix outlines all the ad changes to Facebook – Check out this article for more details. http://blog.hubspot.com/facebook-kills-sponsored-stories
- Facebook / email marketing
- Alix explains the Facebook product and how to access it
- The Facebook / email marketing allows marketers to precisely targeted ads – based on a personal data base
- The team explains what this means for clients and how it can be leveraged to micro target past and current clients.
- Jason discusses look-a-likes and the power Facebook give you in perusing a niche market based on current cliental.
What the heck is Vine!?
- Alix and Kevin explain the short…we mean short 6 second video war between Facebook and Twitter.
- Alix explains to Jason, slowly and using small words what you can do with a 6 second video – Jason feels old!
- Alix’s top vine videos:
- Oreo: https://vine.co/v/bQe2lF60n3J
- Lowe's: https://vine.co/v/bU6WWdXtEYn
- GE: https://vine.co/v/bXJAmFLBaat
- Malibu Rum: https://vine.co/v/b52DvxmdKZt
- Jason explains dial-up to the kids
Are You Smarter than a StringCanner?!
- Alix is Alex Trebek
- Kevin plays Vanna White
- Alix stumps Jason and Kevin on the first question – not a smart move newbie!
Jason manages to discuss G+ again
- Jason shares a Google Plus story about is date with Euro Maestro (https://plus.google.com/107040353898400532534/posts) – European Google Plus Super Star.
“Google Plus is an interest platform not a social platform"
Follow us everywhere!
Thanks for listening!