Latest posts by Digital Scientist (see all)
It’s week one of our social media blogs that are meant to help you improve your social media management! Over the course of the next few weeks, we will be going through how to improve various social media platforms, this week will be Facebook, next Twitter, the LinkedIn and so on. Here at StringCan we want you to know the best ways to make sure you are utilizing your social media to its fullest potential.
Now that almost every business you can think of possesses social media pages, especially Facebook pages, it has become increasingly difficult to be a step ahead of your competition when it comes to social media. There are some simple tips that you may overlook because they don’t seem substantial but they can in fact help you make sure that you’re doing what you can to surpass your competitors on Facebook… Here they are!…
1. Customize your visuals. When creating your Facebook page, don’t settle for the Facebook template that your information is placed on, which is what most companies do. Customize it. Make it your own. Show your business’ personality through visuals first, that’s where your first impression comes from. Take advantage of the ability to customize your profile picture, especially your cover photo, as it will make the most impact initially due to its size, along with your own personal photo albums. Make sure they are all speaking to your brand and flow smoothly.
2. Make your Milestones Featured Events. Capitalize on the option of noting your milestones, use the Featured Events option. Be sure to use the full page and width featured events option. By doing so, the visitors’ eyes will be drawn to your milestone, where you will have the name of the milestone and pictures with captions so they can see why this event is so important to your brand, as well as a reason for them to work with you.
3. Post on a Regular Basis. Consistency is what’s key with Facebook. You can’t under do it, or over do it. You have to find the middle, and post on a continuous regular basis. Choose ahead of time how many times you should post a day. No more than two or three would be ideal, you do not want to post so much that people get sick of seeing your page on their newsfeed and unfollow you as a result. Post blogs that your company has written, blogs that you have read online that you think may help your followers, post about your office life which will show your personality, BE CREATIVE.
4. Respond to Followers’ Posts on Your Page. Ask The Engaging Questions! When your followers post on the page, whether it is positive or negative, respond! By replying to their posts it shows that you are taking the time to make sure that they know that they’re considered in every part of your business, that you care about what they think about your services, products, events, etc. Responding to posts is something that gets overlooked by many businesses, don’t let that be you!
When it comes to engaging your followers, ask them questions that you can get feedback from them on, mainly questions about your company or the industry, but mix it up, once in a while ask them questions about a world event, what their view point is or about a sporting event. By asking them “average-joe” questions, you show that your company is “normal,” not robotic and is interested in their view points on things other then the services you provide.
5. Promote Your Posts. By choosing the option to promote your posts, although it costs money, you are giving your page the ability to reach more people that may not have known your page existed before. How it works is the post reached your followers but also reaches some of the friends of your followers. They post shows up on their newsfeed and give them the opportunity to “Like” your page and essentially learn about who you are. This can be something your competition shies away from because they don’t want to throw money towards reaching a few more people. But this tactic can be extremely useful, it can create an endless web of followers, because if you reach one person, you can reach their friends and it can continuously extend into more and more followers.