I’ll openly admit that I wasn’t the trailblazer who introduced AI as a regular topic of conversation in our marketing agency. I found myself on the sidelines of the early adopters, grappling with the demands of my busy schedule. The prospect of delving into this entirely new world of Artificial Intelligence (AI) felt daunting and bewildering, leaving me clueless about where to even begin.
However, I consider myself fortunate to be part of a team that embraces innovation and fearlessly explores new horizons. Many of us had already ventured independently into the realm of AI, experimenting with tools like ChatGPT, Midjourney, and more. While I initially used AI for tasks like meal planning and conjuring creative fantasy football team names (think “Russell Sprouts”), my colleagues at StringCan were well on their way to mastering AI’s intricacies.
Here are some of the impactful ways we’ve harnessed AI in our daily operations:
- Efficient Meetings
- AI aids us in recording and transcribing meeting briefs, streamlining the creation of action item lists.
- Innovative Insights
- We employ AI to test hypotheses related to our marketing strategies, promoting creativity and data-driven decisions.
- Targeted Marketing
- AI helps us create detailed personas and test the effectiveness of the strategies we recommend to our clients.
- Email Management
- AI is a valuable asset in sorting, replying, and scheduling emails, allowing us to stay organized and responsive.
- Content Creation
- We use AI to generate social media posts, like the one you’re reading right now, saving time and enhancing engagement.
- Vacation Planning
- AI assists in generating vacation ideas and meal plans, complete with convenient grocery lists.
- Data Analysis
- Complex Excel formulas are automated using AI for efficient data analysis and reporting.
As we embraced AI, my initial concerns revolved around potential legal issues. To address this, we established a comprehensive Generative AI Policy, marking a crucial first step in our AI integration journey. We’ve also created a dedicated Slack channel for AI-related discussions and integrated AI into our daily workflows.
Looking ahead, my goal is to introduce a monthly AI contest within our agency. These sessions will provide a platform for us to share our ‘AI inventions’ with each other, with exciting prizes motivating innovative ideas. Personally, I’ve set up a daily reminder in Todoist that encourages me to ask, “What can I AI today?”
In conclusion, the most challenging aspect of adopting AI is often thinking too grandiose when you should start small. If AI appears overwhelming and distant, you’re missing out on the excitement and the myriad ways AI can fuel growth and innovation. While there might be learning curves and potential pitfalls, AI is a tool that anyone can thoughtfully integrate into their team’s processes. Embracing AI is an enriching journey that empowers teams to thrive in a rapidly evolving landscape. So, why not begin with small steps, perhaps by using ChatGPT, Bing AI, or Bard to summarize this very article?