Welcome to week two! If you missed week one please go back one blog and read what we had to say about improving your Business' Facebook page. We hope here at StringCan that you learned something new about your social media last week and that you're eager to learn more this week! And this week is Twitter! Let's get this going.
So we're keeping this short and to the point, make your day a little more simple. After you have connected your Twitter to your other social media platforms, consider these basic tips that you need to have in order to enhance your Business' Twitter page and separate it from the rest.
1. Don't Ignore the Bio. The opportunity to express what your business does and show your personality cannot be passed up in the biography. Don't just list the services that you do, add some flare to it. Make the potential follower want to follow you because your business seems interesting, and what they are looking for. Don't make it too wordy, keep it short and make sure there are keywords in it. Twitter is more then a social media page, it can be used as an important search tool, so make sure you have keywords in your company's description.
Here's an example of a good bio: "Arizona Digital Marketing Agency assisting companies with their social media, search engine marketing, content strategy and much more."
2. Schedule Consistent Tweets. Use programs like TweetDeck to manage your tweets and your notifications. By doing so you can see your past tweets and can avoid tweeting the same topic too close to one another, potentially losing some followers. Also, when you schedule it, you don't have to worry about creating a new tweet every two hours or so, TweetDeck or any other platform does that for you, making you a consistent presence and helping you gain a bigger following.
3. Interact with Your Followers! Another good feature of a platform like TweetDeck is that it notifies you when a follower retweets you and comments on your tweet. Responding to your followers is one of the most important things you can do for your business on Twitter. If your followers see that they are making the effort to retweet or comment, and they do not get anything back from you in return, they may stop following you, this can hurt your social media reputation for not just Twitter, but all of your pages. Also, hold contests where they can win something from your business, like a free hour of a social media strategy tutorial with one of your employees over skype. This will spike their interests and keep them coming back.
4. Make Your Followers Feel Like They Know You. When a follower retweets you or mentions your business in a tweet, show them your appreciation. Send out a tweet that mentions how awesome they are. Make them feel like you want to have a friendship with them, that you don't just read their retweets, but truly appreciate it. This will continue to build a relationship with your follower, as well as possibly motivate other followers to do the same in order to get that recognition from you.
5. Make it Personal. There is nothing better then being able to relate to your followers. Don't put up this 'corporate business' front all of the time, show that you're normal too. Tweet pictures of office life, whether it is eating lunch, watching television in the break room, or of the office playing ping pong or Foosball. When you tweet these pictures give them to the chance to interact with you, ask them who they think is going to win this game of Ping Pong or Foosball.
But by following these five tips you can make the most out of your Twitter handle, gain more followers and become the go to account when it comes to your expertise... Not just because of your knowledge but also because of your attractive personality!
If you have any questions please leave a comment and let us know what you think and if these tips work for you or if you have any to recommend!