Kim is our newest Account Manager, currently located in Pennsylvania! We are so glad to have her here, so learn a bit about her and give her a warm StringCan welcome!
- How would you describe your personality in 5 words or less?
- Tenacious, creative, outgoing and fun
- Tell us a little about yourself! Where are you from and what’s your story?
- I live in Central PA, where I’m originally from, after moving back here from Denver in 2020. I’m married and have two pups; a mutt named Nikka and a pug named Harriet. My husband and I love to travel (especially back to Colorado!) spend time outdoors and hunt for rare whiskey in the “wild”. We have a collection of over 200 bottles of whiskey/scotch/bourbon.
- How did you get your first name?
- The doctor told my parents that I was a boy so my parents settled on the name Kyle. Then when I was born and turned out to be a girl, they picked the first “K” name they thought of as an alternate.
- What can we find you doing outside of the office? What are your passions?
- I love to hike, kayak, camp, and nearly anything else outdoors. I love to work on DIY projects at home and take my pups on walks. You can also catch me reading true crime books, listening to true crime podcasts, or watching true crime documentaries.
Please explain your vision board below and what it means to you.
My vision board represents where I’ve been, where I am, and where I’m going. The upper left quadrant has a symbol for each of three very special places I have called home in my life; cherry blossoms for Washington D.C., mountains for Colorado, and the Rwandan flag. The bottom half shows where I am; my family, my dogs, and my love to wander around the world. And the upper right quadrant represents where I’m going in my career; with a background in tech and a thirst to learn as much as I can!
- If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor?
- Michelle Obama!
- What are your plans for this holiday/weekend?
- Transforming my home into Fall
- If you were reincarnated as an animal/drink/ice cream flavor, what would it be?
- Whiskey barrel – I’d sit in silence forever listening to stories being told over a special shared pour.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world right now where would you go and what would you do?
- I would go to Alaska. My husband and I were supposed to go there before the pandemic and had to cancel our trip. I would hike through glaciers and go whale watching!
- You just won a million dollars, what is the most irresponsible purchase you’re going to make?
- Definitely a first-class ticket to a faraway place on my bucket list; probably New Zealand.
- What’s your latest streaming video binge?
- The Preppy Murder – Death in Central Park
- What’s your favorite YouTube video and why?
- This one is so hard! I’d have to say this clip from It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia simply because I LOVE to LAUGH.
- What are you most looking forward to by working at StringCan?
- The ability to engage with clients in a high-touch, boutique-style that I have not had the opportunity to do in the last 4 years.
- What will clients enjoy most about working with you?
- My attention to detail and my energy!
- How do you plan on making a difference for StringCan and for our clients?
- I fully subscribe to StringCan’s philosophy of going the last 1% and I plan to demonstrate that to each of my clients, as well as my team.
- What do results mean to you?
- Results are not finite. Strategies are never complete and the ability to improve and grow is endless. Results are simply bridges that carry us from one milestone to the next.
- What is your proudest accomplishment and why?
- Serving in the United States Peace Corps as an English Teacher in Rwanda, East Africa. It was the most difficult thing I’ve ever done mentally, but it made me a self-reliant and humble human being.