Welcome to Melissa! Melissa is StringCan’s newest Account Manager. She is a savvy marketer with a vivacious entrepreneurial spirit. She has a passion for building great relationships and contributing her best to our growing team. Get to know Melissa more here!
- How would you describe your personality in 5 words or less?
- Passionate, outgoing, natural problem solver.
- Tell us a little about yourself! Where are you from and what’s your story?
- I am from Gainesville, FL (Go Gators!) and am a mother of 5, so I stay pretty busy. I began working in marketing and SAAS in 2004 and absolutely fell in love with it. I have never even considered deviating from that path because I feel like it is ever-evolving, allows me to think outside the box, and is my calling.
- How did you get your first name?
- My mom wanted to name me Anastasia, but my dad wanted to name me Melissa. He won. Melissa is from greek origins meaning “honey bee” and was the nymph nursemaid of Zeus. Instead of milk, she only fed him honey, and therefore, taught man how to harvest honey.
- What can we find you doing outside of the office? What are your passions?
- I love traveling, exploring new places, and new experiences. I am a pretty great cook and consider myself an avid foodie. I love going on day trips to the beach, snorkeling in the local springs, and am a Disney Annual Passholder. I also enjoy urban exploration, which is exploring abandoned buildings and taking somewhat eerie pictures of them.
- Please explain your vision board below and what it means to you.
- The top part of my vision board represents me in my personal life. Kids, travel, food. The quote is from Willy Wonka and not only have I always loved that part of the movie where they are in a candy wonderland, but I love the message of the song. I try to live that song. The bottom half is my work life and the things that make me happy: new ideas, killing it everyday, and sparks of genius.
- If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor?
- Robin Williams
- What did you do last weekend?
- Going to my fav hotel in Orlando that has a gorgeous lazy river and a poolside bar. I will spend every waking hour floating in the sun with a fruity tropical drink in my hand.
- If you were reincarnated as an animal/drink/ice cream flavor, what would it be?
- Lioness – protector, hunter, life-giver, but not in charge of the pride.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world right now where would you go and what would you do?
- Iceland. I have matching DNA with an excavation of a Viking burial from Flóki’s first settlement that I would love to see in person. Besides, Iceland is so gorgeous.
- You just won a million dollars, what is the most irresponsible purchase you’re going to make?
- Tickets for the Orient Express.
- What’s your latest streaming video binge?
- Loki on Disney+, though not really a binge because it just started.
- What’s your favorite YouTube video and why?
- Any TedTalk by Sir Ken Robinson. It was a video that really solidified what I had always felt about education and inspired me to make the jump into homeschooling my, now 20 year old, and the rest of my brood.
- What are you most looking forward to by working at StringCan?
- What will clients enjoy most about working with you?
- My ingenuity.
- How do you plan on making a difference for StringCan and for our clients?
- By becoming fully engaged and utilizing all the tools in my toolbox to create success for the company and its clients.
- What do results mean to you?
- Results are purely analytical and should not be attached to feelings. They are the response to an action and are, therefore, used to make decisions. If the results of an action are good, move forward. If the results are bad, reflect, come up with a different plan, and try again.
- What is your proudest accomplishment and why?
- Getting a child from infancy to adulthood, relatively unscathed lol. You spend most of those 18 years questioning everything you do, all the time. There is no manual. There is no “right” way. So to get your cute chubby baby from infancy to being able to function in the world on their own is an incredible feat of endurance, pure fear, and intense love. I can think of no bigger achievement.
Please join us in giving Melissa a warm welcome and connect with her on LinkedIn here.