StringCan Interactive is proud to introduce our newest #StringFam member, Shana (shay-na) O’Connor, Director of Sales & Marketing. Shana is a positive, passionate, and ambitious person looking forward to her work with our future clients and our team. Learn more about Shana by reading our interview:
- How would you describe your personality in 5 words or less.
- I am ambitious, energetic, loyal, positive and focused.
Tell us a little about yourself! Where are you from and what’s your story?
- I’m an Arizona native. My entire family went to The University of Arizona so where did I decide to go? Well, their biggest rival, Arizona State, of course. I graduated from The Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication with a focus in Strategic Media and Public Relations and a minor in Business. My degree, motivation and natural “OCD-ness” has helped me excel in multitasking with focus and efficiency. Every day I try to work on improving myself while recognizing and appreciating others and building the relationships with the important people in my life.
- What could we find you doing outside of the office? What are your passions?
- I have a healthy nature that has always been driven by my love for all things fitness, especially running. I’ll admit that I’m one of those crazy marathon runners. I love overcoming such a physically and mentally exhausting challenge. I’m proud to say I’ve ran two half marathons and six full marathons; 2 of which were the Boston Marathon.
- Please explain your vision board below and what it means to you.
- I hope to qualify for the Boston Marathon and run it again.
- I would love to own property of my own.
- I want to find success in business and make valuable contributions.
- I hope to travel somewhere, or multiple places, abroad.
- If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor?
- I’d love the chance to sit down and talk with Elon Musk. I think he is fascinating and truly changing the world. I also have a lot of respect for Sheryl Sandberg.
- If you were reincarnated as an animal/drink/ice cream flavor, what would it be?
- As an animal, I would be a bird. It would be amazing to fly.
- As a drink, I would be an iced cold lemonade; simple, yet refreshing.
- As an ice cream flavor, I would be non-dairy chocolate hard serve from The Ice Cream Cafe in Cape Cod, MA. I would make so many people happy!
- If you could travel anywhere in the world right now where would you go and what would you do?
- The Amalfi Coast in Italy. It is a magical place that I was fortunate enough to visit once but did not spend enough time! I would eat pizza while sipping prosecco by the ocean.
- You just won a million dollars, what is the most irresponsible purchase you’re going to make?
- A crazy vacation for myself and all my family and friends.
- What’s your favorite YouTube video and why?
- I can’t think of one video that pops out, well this might be strange, but I like pimple popping videos. I’m also a sucker for cute animal videos.
- On a serious note, what are you most looking forward to learning from StringCan?
- I’m looking forward to being part of a team who deeply cares about their clients, and each other’s, success. I’m excited to learn how StringCan effectively grows the business while staying true to their values.
- What will clients enjoy most about working with you?
- I’m detailed, thoughtful and will always do whatever I can to ensure success.
- What do results mean to you?
- Results are defined by exceeding expectations, client happiness and company growth.
- What is your proudest accomplishment and why?
- Qualifying for the Boston Marathon, running it and beating my own personal record. It helped me realize I am capable of anything and sometimes mental hurdles can be your biggest obstacles.
Help us give Shana a warm welcome and leave a comment below!