Victoria is our new Graphic Design Intern, currently located here in Phoenix, AZ! We are so glad to have her here, so learn a bit about Victoria and give her a warm StringCan welcome!
- How would you describe your personality in 5 words or less?
- Spontaneous, friendly, creative, driven, and loving.
- Tell us a little about yourself! Where are you from and what’s your story?
- I’m Victoria! I grew up in Scottsdale Arizona. When I was 16 my family decided to start traveling the country. What started as a six-month trip quickly became five years and they’re still traveling. When I turned 18 I came home and started to work at a coffee shop called Dutch Bros and went to Grand Canyon University. After about a year I realized that my path was not at GCU and I stumbled across a school called Los Angeles Film School where I am now a Senior majoring in Graphic Design! I aspire to continue traveling throughout my life and make people’s lives better, easier, and more fun through design!
- How did you get your first name?
- In all honesty, I don’t exactly know how I got my name. Although I do know that if I were to be a boy my name would have been Cohen to continue the C names in our family. Thank the Lord that I’m a girl and am named Victoria – because I definitely like that better.
- What can we find you doing outside of the office? What are your passions?
- My passions are design, photography, cars, and traveling. I will often go to car shows of any kind with my boyfriend and we will take tons of pictures of our favorite cars, or use them to design something new! On weekends and any extended time I will go explore and find something new to do – may that be going to a national park or go hiking in our beautiful backyard that Arizona is! Traveling is something that never gets old.
Victoria’s Vision Board
- If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor?
- I lucked out, and I would say, my Dad. He’s fantastic and has done all of the things that I want to do as well.
- What are your plans for this holiday/weekend?
- I am so excited, my family, boyfriend, and I are going to Colorado to go skiing for a week, and I could not be more thrilled!
- If you were reincarnated as an animal/drink/ice cream flavor, what would it be?
- I don’t know if this counts but my favorite animal is a Phoenix, like the mythical one, and it would be awesome to come back as a bird that means new life!
- If you could travel anywhere in the world right now where would you go and what would you do?
- I would love to go to Paris, Egypt, or Greece. These are just a few places on my list. I would try all of the food and wine in Paris, explore the pyramids in Egypt, and walk around Greece and take as many pictures as my camera would hold.
- You just won a million dollars, what is the most irresponsible purchase you’re going to make?
- I would buy an Audi RS7 immediately, it is my favorite car and although the maintenance and upkeep of that car is terrible, it is beautiful and it has been on my dream vision board for years!
- What’s your latest streaming video binge?
- I have been watching Star Trek and all of the new Marvel shows like crazy! Huge sci-fi fan over here and it has been great to wind down to.
- What’s your favorite YouTube video and why?
- Honestly, I don’t watch hardly any YouTube, so my favorite video would be my parents’ channel and watching what they are up to while I am home. Otherwise, I only use YouTube for learning new things that I need to figure out.
- What are you most looking forward to by working at StringCan?
- I am super excited to learn, grow, and help the team do whatever we need to do to get a project done. Even in my first week, I have learned so much and tried new programs and different ways to approach designs and it has been incredibly fun!
- What will clients enjoy most about working with you?
- I am always willing to try something new and learn how I can best serve those around me.
- How do you plan on making a difference for StringCan and for our clients?
- I want to bring and show new tools to the team and be able to build out projects for our clients that wow them, along with stepping up our game internally to show clients how awesome we are!
- What do results mean to you?
- Results mean that the method I am using is working and it shows me that troubleshooting is always worth it and there is a solution! Results show you that what you are doing is working and give you a means to see how different processes work.
- What is your proudest accomplishment and why?
- My proudest accomplishment is transferring colleges and sticking to my program even when things are difficult or I don’t yet know how to solve a problem – I will continue to work on it. Transferring colleges meant starting something completely different and learning a whole new set of skills.