Updated: June 19, 2018
Data Controller. The Data controller in case of the website www.stringcaninteractive.com (“Website”) is StringCan Interactive, LLC, 3719 N. 75th St., Suite 105, Scottsdale, AZ 85251, USA (“StringCan Interactive”). The company's data protection officer (DPO) is Sarah Hiller (firstname.lastname@example.org).What Information Do We Collect
StringCan Interactive may collect various types of information from or about you. StringCan Interactive may collect information in a number of ways in connection with the Website, including, without limitation, as follows:
- Our Clients: Our online system is aware when a StringCan Interactive Client Site is accessed
- Prospective Employees: We collect the information You provide to Us through Our “Careers” section, any resumes You submit, and all information You submit to Us to be considered for employment with StringCan Interactive
- Other Users: We collect the email address You provide when You ask Us a Question and any other information You provide
- Racial or ethnic origins
- Political opinions
- Religious or philosophical beliefs
- Trade-union membership
- Genetic data
- Biometric data
- Data regarding Your health, sex life, or sexual orientation
- Criminal records
- Credit history and creditworthiness
We use Your personal information to:
- Validate Your Account with Us.
- Consider Your candidacy of employment for Us.
- Respond to Your questions, comments, and complaints.
- Carry out specific actions You request of Us.
- Identify You as the sender of, and to process Your forwarded emails.
We use User aggregate data where no individual is identified to:
- Provide the features and functionality of the Website to You.
- Review the Website’s analytics and User trends.
- Improve, enhance, and tailor the Website for You, and to improve and enhance the overall Website experience for all Users.
StringCan Interactive may disclose to third parties User personal information that it collects as follows:
- Operation of the Website: We disclose Your personal information to third parties where necessary to provide the Website and its features and functionality to You, including to service providers who need User information to conduct maintenance and repairs to this Website.
- At Your Request: We disclose Your personal information to a third party whenever You request Us to do so, in writing.
- Business Transfers: If a third party acquires all or substantially all of StringCan Interactive’s assets, Your personal information, aggregated information, and any other information that We have collected in connection with the Website may be transferred to such third party as part of Our business assets. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against Us, all such information may be considered one of Our assets and may be sold or transferred to third parties.
- Service Providers: We use third-party service providers, including but not limited to our affiliates, to perform certain services on our behalf, such as processing, storing, maintaining and transmitting data, processing and fulfilling e-mail and other promotional campaigns, and providing marketing assistance, web analytics, and data analysis. We may provide Your personal information to these third-party service providers when the information is necessary for them to perform their duties. These third-party service providers are contractually restricted from using Your personal information for any other purpose except as We direct them and are required to comply with all applicable laws with respect to the Personal information they receive. (We do not send You commercial emails unless You have provided Your explicit consent to receive such communications.)
- Government Agencies: We will disclose Your personal information to third parties if required to do so by law.
- As Otherwise Permitted By Law. We may disclose Your personal information to third parties as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
When you use the Website, we also may collect certain standard information from your browser and personal computer that websites often collect, such as Your IP address, Your browser information (including browser type, capabilities, and language), Your operating system, and the date and time You accessed the Website. We also capture the country from which the visit originated and the paths taken as You move from one website or webpage to another website or webpage (i.e., Your “clickstream” activity). We may group some or all of this information into aggregate data in order to describe the use of the Website by Our Users to Our existing or potential business partners, sponsors, advertisers, or other third parties, or in response to a government request. We may also group demographic information that we collect from the Website users into aggregate data for the same purposes. We reserve the right to use and share any such non-personal information collected at the Website with third parties for any lawful purpose.
StringCan Interactive uses cookie technology as part of the Website’s statistical reporting and for other purposes related to making the Website available to you. A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a website that is saved on your hard disk by your computer’s browser. It holds information a website may need to personalize your experience. We may also utilize cookies to identify if you are logged into a Website account.
Our cookies do not, by themselves, contain personal information, and We do not combine the general information received from cookies with personal information to tell Us who You are. However, if you prefer, You can configure Your browser to reject all cookies, or to notify You when a cookie is set. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of Your browser to learn how to change Your cookie and privacy preferences. However, if You reject cookies, certain aspects of Our Website may cease to function properly.
A Web beacon is an electronic image, also called a single-pixel or clear GIF, placed in the code of a web page or in emails. The Website uses Web beacons to track traffic patterns of Users as they navigate from one page to another. This information lets Us tune and improve Our Users’ browsing experience. As with cookies, the information that Web beacons collect is aggregated, anonymous “click stream” data, and is not associated with You as an individual or Your personal information.
We also use Web beacons through a third-party Website analytics provider, as well as standard Web server log files, to help Us count visitors and evaluate the Website’s technical capacity. This information tells Us how many people visit the Website, and helps us decide how to arrange pages in the most User-friendly way. This also helps Us keep the Website browser-friendly and more useful to our Users. We record information on Website traffic, but not on individual visitors to the Website, so no personal information about you will be generated from these activities.Careers
If You submit Your resume or other information to Us to be considered for employment with StringCan Interactive, We will maintain and use the information provided only for such purpose. If You choose to establish an account with Our career center, the information You submit will be retained in accordance with the “Access and Data Retention” section below.Information Posted to any Forums, Chats, or Blogs
We may have social networking features on this Website, including, but not limited to, forums, blogs, and chat rooms. Using any of these features is optional for all Users. If You post Your personal information on these forums it can be read, collected, or used by other users of the Website, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages or used for otherwise unauthorized purposes. We are not responsible for any personal information You voluntarily post through those means, and We recommend careful consideration before You post such information.Email to a Friend
You may be able to send particular information about the Website to others through the Website by clicking on an “Email to Friend” or similar button on the Website. You may enter Your own e-mail address to send the information to Yourself, or You may enter the name and email address of another person to send the information to a third party. We only keep such information as We are required to do so by law.Third Party Websites, Content, and Resources
You can request information about or request to modify Your personal information stored via the Website by emailing email@example.com or when / if it becomes available by logging into your account on the Website.
Where applicable, You may also delete Your account. Deletion of your account will only result in deletion of Your online account and will not affect personal information that may have been previously sent by Us by submitting a resume. Upon deletion of Your account, StringCan Interactive will delete Your account information from Our primary Website servers. Notwithstanding the foregoing, StringCan Interactive will retain certain information (including personal information) provided to Us for the following or other lawful purposes:
- Auditing purposes
- Troubleshoot problems
- Assist with investigations
- Comply with legal requirements
Under California Civil Code § 1798.83-1798.84, California residents may ask Us for information about the categories of data We collected about them and shared with third parties for marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and provide the contact information for those third parties. If you are a California resident who would like a copy of such information, please send Us a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org or Our mailing address below.Security
StringCan Interactive uses reasonable measures to protect the security and integrity of all personal information provided to this Website, including and annual assessment of the security and integrity of Our website and affiliated third-party services. However, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, We cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate supervisory authority at any time.
You are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of Your account password, and You shall be responsible for any access to or use of the Website by You or any person or entity using Your credentials, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by or on behalf of You, and whether or not such person or entity is your employee or agent. You agree to immediately notify StringCan Interactive of any unauthorized use of Your password or account or any other breach of security.
If You have any questions, comments, or complaints regarding Our privacy practices, You may contact Us at email@example.com or StringCan Interactive, LLC, 3719 N. 75th St., Suite 105, Scottsdale, AZ 85251, USA. We are committed to responding to all complaints within 45 days.