Jason is our newest Account Manager, currently located in Chicago, IL! We are so glad to have him here, so learn a bit about Jason and give him a warm StringCan welcome!
- How would you describe your personality in 5 words or less?Kind, Loyal, Witty, Memorable
- Tell us a little about yourself! Where are you from and what’s your story?I live in Chicago in Andersonville (the coolest neighborhood in the U.S. / second in the world), with my partner and our 2 pets (Oliver & Finnick). Before starting at StringCan, I owned a small digital marketing agency that worked with small to medium businesses in various industries. As much as I loved the work and clients, I was not a fan of the business side of things. So after six years I sold my business to a close friend, and started my search in finding a company that has a strong work culture and cares about their clients and employees. I’m lucky to say I found that in StringCan!
- How did you get your first name?My mom says she heard it on Johnny Carson and it stuck with her.
- What can we find you doing outside of the office? What are your passions?During the winter, we love to cook dinner and have game night with friends, and also like to travel to warmer climates! But during the summer I love to spend as much time as I can outside; at the beach, camping in the middle of nowhere, hiking, bbq, and campfires.
Jason's Vision Board
- If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor?Nikola Tesla
- What are your plans for this holiday/weekend?For the holidays this year, we are staying in Chicago and going to visit family in Iowa for the New Year.
- If you were reincarnated as an animal/drink/ice cream flavor, what would it be?Definitely an owl or perhaps a sloth.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world right now where would you go and what would you do?Go to Florida and spend time with my sister.
- You just won a million dollars, what is the most irresponsible purchase you’re going to make?A tiny-home sprinter van.
- What’s your latest streaming video binge?I just did a re-watch of Schitt’s Creek & the Matrix Trilogy (I can’t wait for the new one to come out!)
- What’s your favorite YouTube video and why? Please put a link to the video!It has to be this SNL skit with Kristin Wiig. I will laugh every time and it’s also one of my favorite gifs.
- What are you most looking forward to by working at StringCan?I’m excited to be working with a team, there’s a great culture here and it shows! I’m also excited to be working with some pretty remarkable clients.
- What will clients enjoy most about working with you?I show up for my clients and their business, listen, bring ideas, provide strategy, guidance, and organization. I’m told I bring a sense of grounded calmness, even in a not-so-calm situation.
- How do you plan on making a difference for StringCan and for our clients?Bringing a fresh perspective, new ideas, and new strategy.
- What do results mean to you?Results can come in baby steps and huge leaps. I like to define goals and milestones to track and measure results (and progress).
- What is your proudest accomplishment and why?Creating a digital marketing department for a hotel development/ management company. In 2012/2013 digital marketing was a non-tangible and abstract idea, but I saw the value and pitched the idea to owners of the company. It started with just me and grew to six people in the course of three years.
Work Habits & Productivity
BY GREG MCKEOWN
Speaking of actions becoming more effortless, this is another book of McKeown’s that topped our 2022 reading list. Adding onto the powerful guidance around essentialism, this read delivers “proven strategies for making the most important activities the easiest ones,” like mapping out the minimum number of steps, finding the courage to “be rubbish” and more.
Join the StringCan Newsletter List
For the latest digital marketing news, articles and blog updates, join our newsletter list.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.